Blackpool Disability Partnership
The aim of the partnership is to bring together adults, children and older people with a long-term health condition or type of disability including physical, sensory, mental health and learning difficulties and their families and carers.
By representing a full range of disabilities, the partnership can raise awareness of disability issues, work towards inclusion and drive forward improvements in service provision and quality of life for disabled people in Blackpool.
A mixture of community members, voluntary and statutory services make up the partnership which is user led and has a vision for the disability agenda to be moved forward in all areas of daily life.
This is about involving and valuing the disabled community and them having the opportunity to shape and influence the future of services – Alan Reid (Chair)
The partnership meets every two months at the Blackpool Centre for Independent Living.
Wyre & Fylde Disability Partnership
Wyre Disability Partnership is an influential partnership that exists primarily as a launch pad for initiatives that ultimately change the daily lives of many disabled people for the better by working to overcome the attitudinal and physical barriers that affect disabled people in Wyre.
The partnership covers a variety of disabilities and illnesses and currently boasts over 60 members from public, private, community and voluntary sector organisations.
- Raise awareness of disability issues with local service providers, business and the wider community
- Eliminate all forms of discrimination and promote equal opportunities
- Involve and consult with Disability Groups
- Ensure effective partnerships with Service Providers, Statutory Agencies and other Voluntary and Community Groups in Wyre
- Have a representation from all Disability Groups within the Borough of Wyre.
If you would like to join us or have an enquiry please contact:
Alan Reid (Chair)
c/o Disability First CIO
Blackpool Centre for Independent Living
259 Whitegate Drive
Telephone: 01253 472202/03